King Arthur’s Strawberry Almond Flour Cake
Whipped up this gluten free, reasonably modest dessert with some fresh picked strawberries from one of my amazing clients! Check the recipe here: ttps://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/strawberry-almond-flour-cake-recipe
Live It Daily’s Keys to Deliciousness:
- Grease pan with a thin layer of extra virgin coconut oil
- Use extra fine baking sugar to dust the pan after smearing with coconut oil as this does 3 things:
- It guarantees the cake won’t stick,
- The coconut oil gives just a slight hint of tropical attitude that goes perfect with the almond cake and strawberries
- Using very fine sugar reduces the total amount of sugar used keeping “empty” calories to a minimum.
Classic baking steps of combining egg yolk/sugar mixture with almond flour/baking powder to create a firm dough and then slowly folding in whipped egg whites creates a lovely, fluffy batter that is hard to resist sneaking a taste before putting it into the properly prepared pan:
A relatively low-cal cake with a nice balance of fat/protein and carbohydrates. Be sure to add fresh fruit to keep calories low while adding beneficial nutritional elements like fiber, antioxidants and vitamins!